Friday, November 6, 2009

Season Of Separation

Paint me a lie, shadowed in white
the pale gray sky sinks deep with pink
cascading memories of melancholy bliss
hidden and so transfixed 
while hearing so much of my own voice in my head
the sound of the highway keeps the ringing away
the loneliness, is only based on contact
i desperately need to feel alive again
loosen the grasp from which i hold these feelings for you
they hit the floor like broken glass
the love flows from my wounds
showing you i kept it all inside
i whisper in your ear
"since when did everything between us die?"
...and then ever so gently you say...
"from that very moment, I let you slip away,
when our uniform heart,
split into two, and we drifted so far apart...."

Copyright CS* 2005

Published In The Book Timeless Voices by Poetry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment